WATCH: Video Shows Police Tackling and Punching Black Harvard Student

Cambridge Police Department has launched an internal investigation after a video has surfaced of 21-year-old Selorm Ohene a Harvard University student who was brutally attacked by police and arrested. The incident took place last Friday when officers tackled and punched Ohene as they were trying to arrest him as he stood naked in the median of a busy street.

Cambridge officers and a MBTA Transit Police officer responded to call around 9 p.m. in response to “a call from a woman who stated a male had thrown his clothes in her face” and six other reports of a “completely naked” man. According to The Boston Globe, “Ohene was naked and a woman who appeared to be Ohene’s acquaintance told officers he may have been on drugs, the report stated.”

The officers were surrounding Ohene, who is standing on the median of Massachusetts Avenue, and lunge at him. The 21-year-old falls to the ground and begins screaming, “Help me, Jesus! Help me, Jesus!” Officers clearly begin beating Ohene, even after he is controlled. Allegedly, he was punched five times in the torso.

The Mayor of Cambridge Marc McGovern said in a statement Sunday that “Cambridge affirms that Black Lives Matter, but it must be true in practice as well.”

The Harvard Black Law Students Association said in a statement:

“This victim of police violence happened to be a Harvard student. The University has ample resources that could have, and should have, been mobilized to come to the student’s aid prior to CPD getting involved. Harvard University Health Services (HUHS) were the first to be called for help prior to the arrival of CPD. Instead of sending staff to support the student, HUHS transferred callers to CPD, who then responded as police often do whether cameras are rolling or not — by failing to appropriately respond to the individual needs of the person concerned and resorting to violence unnecessarily and with impunity. By involving CPD, HUHS put this student at great risk of being killed by the police.” They also added, “A pool of blood remained on the pavement as the ambulance departed. Shortly thereafter, firefighters came and cleaned up the blood with bleach and water.”

Ohene was charged with indecent exposure, disorderly conduct, assault, resisting arrest, and assault and battery on ambulance personnel. Jeremy Warnick, a spokesman for Cambridge police, said in an email to The Boston Globe that the “department is committed to a ‘thorough and complete’ review.”